COMING SOON !! Hogan Development Survey (HDS)
The Dark Side of Personality
If you would like immediate access to this assessment, please call us at 202-237-7179
The Hogan Development Survey (HDS) describes the dark side of personality – qualities that emerge in times of increased strain and can disrupt relationships, damage reputations, and derail peoples’ chances of success. By assessing dark-side personality, you can recognize and mitigate performance risks before they become a problem.
The HDS measures dark side personality along 11 scales. The following describe high scorers:
- Excitable: moody, hard to please, and emotionally volatile
- Skeptical: suspicious, sensitive to criticism, and expecting betrayal
- Cautious: risk averse, resistant to change, and slow to make decisions
- Reserved: aloof, uncommunicative, and indifferent to the feelings of others
- Leisurely: overtly cooperative, but privately irritable, stubborn, and uncooperative
- Bold: overly self-confident, arrogant, and entitled
- Mischievous: charming, risk-taking, and excitement-seeking
- Colorful: dramatic, attention-seeking, and interruptive
- Imaginative: creative, but thinking and acting in unusual or eccentric ways
- Diligent: meticulous, precise, hard to please, and micromanaging
- Dutiful: eager to please and reluctant to act independently or against popular opinion
The HDS identifies the dark-side personality characteristics that can erode relationships and derail people’s chances of success, making it a powerful tool that can be used throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Selection: Selection reports fueled by the HDS inject valuable insight into the hiring process, from measuring candidates’ overall desirability to highlighting specific areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Development: Our HDS-driven development reports offer actionable management and development suggestions to help you guide your employees’ careers.
- Leadership: Self-awareness is one of the hallmarks of great leadership. Give your leaders the tools they need to understand their strengths and weaknesses, and how they compare to those of their peers.
15- to 20-minute completion time
Available in multiple languages
Identifies problematic aspects of behavior
Normed on over 10,000 managers
No invasive or intrusive items
No adverse impact