COMING SOON !! Hogan Business Reasoning Inventory (HBRI)
How You Think
If you would like immediate access to this assessment, please call us at 202-237-7179
The Hogan Business Reasoning Inventory (HBRI) describes reasoning style – the ability to evaluate sets of data, make decisions, solve problems, and avoid repeating past mistakes. By assessing reasoning style, you can identify candidates’ problem-solving style, understand their capacity, and identify areas for development.
The first measure of reasoning ability designed to predict real-world performance, the HBRI evaluates two kinds of problems solving: tactical and strategic reasoning.
- Tactical Reasoning: the ability to solve problems and come to sensible conclusions once the facts are known. High scorers tend to be disciplined, steady, and precise.
- Strategic Reasoning: the ability to detect errors, gaps, and logical flaws in graphs, memos, diagrams, written reports, numerical projections, and tables of data. High scorers tend to be curious and interested in feedback.
The HBRI was developed specifically for the business community, and identifies differences in problem-solving style and reasoning ability that distinguish individuals and predict career success, making it a powerful tool that can be used throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Selection: Reports using the HBRI measure candidates’ capacity to evaluate data, identify problems, and make business-critical decisions.
- Development: Help your candidates play to their strengths, and understand areas in which focused development can improve their capacity.
- Leadership: HBRI-driven leadership reports help you understand how your leaders will approach problems and make decisions that could affect your company’s future viability.
Designed to predict occupational success
Tactical vs. strategic abilities
For selection and leadership development
Developed exclusively on working adults
Instantaneous reporting output
User-friendly reports available